I finally made the jump and I am a proud iPhone owner. Impressions after a day of usage:
- It has to be the single-most gorgeous thing I have held in the palm of my hand. It is really really beautiful.
- It did feel heavier than I thought it would when I first held it, but now, it feels very comfortable.
- Typing on it in the first few hours, did make want to pull my hair out, but like Apple likes to claim, once you learn to trust the keyboard, it becomes easy. I definitely prefer this over T9.
- Haven’t gotten to really speed-test 3G, but WiFi speed is quite good for browsing and email.
- That said, YouTube performance is lacking – I haven’t been able to watch YouTube as seamlessly as I had hoped to watch.
- I’m not sure if this is a feature per-se, (but if it is, it’s a nice little touch) – 3G is completely switched off if you are connected to a WiFi network. Apart from the benefits of not having to pay for 3G, it should defnitely help battery life too.
- The AppStore is really awesome – the whole experience of downloading and installing applications – is so clean and so well thought-out.
- Talking about third-party apps – the most impressive ones so far are FaceBook and Pennies. I also bought Super Monkey Ball, but haven’t gotten the hang of it yet. Twitterific is nice too, but feels kinda clunky. An app which I think would really use a lot (while commuting) is Instapaper (downloads all your Instapaper bookmarks for offline reading)
More later, as I need to get back to admiring the iPhone.
Tags: iphone apple